Monday, February 1, 2010

Whats New With CRA/ L A B, Geez! ask and you shale receive.

What a great start to the new year and decade. I hope you all are on the same wave I'm on because the surf is very nice. I wanted to put up my bio-resume up on here so you could get to understand who L A B and CRA are, and what we can offer.

I'm so stoked my very close friend and cinematographer, Dan Kanes, is coming to New York this week to shoot some gigs with me.

On Tuesday night I'm directing and acting in a spoof iPad commercial I wrote a few days ago with the Collective Hardware crew: Matt Arrow, Randy Lebeau and Jen Wyse, Marial Seasick Mama will also act in this funny spot.

Then Wednesday I drive up to New Platz to make a music video for Hank and Cupcakes. They did an awesome cover of Joy Divisions "She's Lost Control"

Dan and I will sneak off in the middle of the night to shoot yet another music video for ?????? a house/dance music video. It's about a guy with a face mask who likes to drive around and dance outside with the head lights on him.

Then in the next weeks I'm making a spot, when I say spot I'm saying commercial but I hate commercials so I call them spots, for the awesome custom men and women's store Teddyboy in the LES on Allen.

I'm putting together a book from the Sex On The Citee Shoot I did in January. The tittle will pop up just like your pants when you see these prints. So fucking sexy.

Seasick Mama and I have also made some amazing Valentines Day Cards for you to buy for the loved or hatted one on your list. "Fuck You" or "Fuck Me" cards. Seasick Mama V-Day Cards you can get them online or in store at INVEN.TORY, Teddyboy and Crywolf all in lower Manhattan.

Also look out for a huge Valentines Day party at INVEN.TORY with all of the Seasick Mama apparel with my photos.



This is my bio I wrote over the holidays.

CASEY RANDERSON BIO TIME LINE:

YEAR 2002:

My career initially started in acting in the typical city of Los Angeles, where I committed the norm of working at Home Depot while I took acting classes and waited for my push to stardom. I was fortunate enough to star in a feature film and acted in national commercials for; Gogurt, Play Station, Lee Jeans, Coca Cola, Visa and Volkswagen to name a few. It was a very experimental transition for myself, when the tables turned and I wanted to be a filmmaker. I wanted to grab the reins of every aspect of filmmaking; writing, directing, producing, you name it. At this time, I was represented by and working for the John Pierce Agency, dabbling in both sides of the spectrum. I was still acting but I was also John Pierces assistant taking in all the notes I could on casting direction. Over the next eight years, I fulfilled every goal I set for myself and living in Los Angeles was the perfect hub to live, learn, and experience what I needed to do to become successful.

YEAR 2003:

Still in Los Angeles under the wing of John Pierce I wrote a short film called, The Buck Stops Here, a story of a dollar bill that everyone wants to get their hands on. I hired a director of photography, Dan Kanes, for the short who got me addicted to his Panasonic camera. At this point, Kanes and I were a team because he was able to translate all of my ideas into motion and I respected that.
With the experience, came more opportunities and I was the planted inside GO Film Production. Though my role was small as an intern for Patti Ibanez, she's showed me the ropes of the commercial world. I worked my way up to production assistant within two weeks at GO, and soon was able to eat from the craft service table, meet with clients such as Crest, and got my feet wet in all the production puddles.
Next, I made the transition to being a camera assistant. I gained the experience of camera options, the different technology, even down to testing the focal length on a lens. With this position, I also charged my responsibility because I was in charge of all the gear on my truck. Most of the jobs were under Phillipe Rousselot, an Oscar winning director, and his team of creatives gave me a glorified view on the logistics of an organized team.

YEAR 2004:

Within two years, calls started to roll in for my services as a production assistant. I like to believe I started quite a buzz, considering I received a phone-call from Tony Kaye, the director of American History X and Black Water Transit. Within days, I was Kaye's assistant, his crutch, and his pupil. He was a huge inspiration to me, always encouraging that art is alive in advertising. The biggest moment I had working for Kaye is when we began working on an Anti-Meth Public Service Announcement. I was assigned to find addicts to interview, which wasn't difficult living in Los Angeles. I interviewed and filmed a user named Raymond, which turned out to be quite a dark and dramatic piece.

YEAR 2005:

After my time with Tony Kaye expired and my tired eyes worn bored of being a production assistant, I was re-born into the freelance world. I made videos for bands in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, and even landed a spec spot for Converse. Paramount Studios hired me for set-design, which was a fresh experience to build sets for Kanye West. I also was hired by Orbit Gum to dress Snoop Dog for a national commercial. My style started to get recognized and I was stepping into all sorts of excitement.

YEAR 2006:

It was a brand new year and I met Saloman Anaya, a gentleman I still associate with regularly today. He is the curator for Submerged Art and I stood strongly with him as an art director. We organized art shows at the Submerged Art Gallery in Hollywood for dozens of local artists. We never had a night that wasn't "sold out". During this time, I also directed, shot, and edited a short film called, The Girl Who Gets Locked Out, which was successful at the Community Shorts Film Festival in Los Angeles.

YEAR 2007:

I remember picking up the phone and calling immediately calling director of photography, Dan Kanes, to help me with my next short titled, The End of Him by Her. This short was also showcased at the Community Shorts Film Festival in Los Angeles, but also in New York. This was my first time to New York. As soon as I stepped of the airplane, I could sense the energy of the city and I felt immediately at home. With the juggle of LA and NYC, I made the decision to move to New York City because I felt as if this city held the true meaning of filmmaking.

YEAR 2008:

The A Train to Tribeca was extremely loud, but I remember the peacefulness of the doors opening into Jim DeWoody's loft in Tribeca. That was my home for the next couple months. DeWoody has been a teacher at NYIT and an overall genius artist in NYC for the past 30 years. He was also my mentor, father figure, and inspiration while I adjusted to the New York City lifestyle.
Another person that helped me get back on my feet was Josh Boyd, a successful nightlife entrepreneur who owned three of the hottest clubs in the city. I met Boyd behind my lens one evening as I was shooting portraits at a party. With my noted experience in the night lift scene in Los Angeles, Boyd hired me to manage Plan B, one of his three establishments. I had full freedom working at Plan B, I even held castings for some of my current projects.
My first project as a New York City resident was for Colombian Power Energy Drink, titled "Invoke The Power". Produced by Matthew Arrow of Assembly and myself, we produced, wrote, cast, and shot the commercial. In the perfect location of Central Park, it was my first official job with permits, budgets, and clients. It was perfect.

YEAR 2009:

New York City has now become my home. With a strong year under my belt and my chin held high with achievement, I felt like I could take on the world. I continued to keep myself busy with unique jobs like "Better Than Sex Way", a Daily Candy advert for Saturday's Surf NYC, and a small spot for the new Hurley by Pendleton collaboration. I have also found a great partnership with Brooklyn-based designer, Seasick Mama. Together with Sesick Mama, I have directed fashion campaigns and shot editorials for the internet.

YEAR 2010:

With the coming of the new year, I have a lot of on my plate. I am currently working on the SEX ON THE CITEE campaign, a summer t-shirt collection and installation curated by Seasick Mama. In January, I will directing a music video for pop/rock duo Hank & Cupcakes for their Joy Division cover, "She's Lost Control". Lastly, the most exciting creative endeavor is Lamp & Boat, my very own art direction company to apply my skills in all facets of art.



This is my Resume

| CASEY RANDERSON |

323.868.7440

cra@caseyranderson.com

www.caseyranderson.com

www.vimeo.com/caseyranderson



| OBJECTIVE | When it comes to the film industry, my experience reaches out to all aspects and positions. I am constantly seeking more opportunities to contribute my skills and knowledge to the projects your company needs fulfilled.


| EXPERIENCE |


| DIRECTION |

Director: Hurley x Pendleton Brand Video .2009 New York City

Director: Daily Candy: "Better Than Sex Wax" Video. 2009 New York City

Director: Seasick Mama: "Don't Become The Things You Hate" Video. 2009 New York City

Director: Columbian Power. 2009 New York City

Director of Photography: Land Yachting Web Series Pilot. 2009 New York City

Director of Photography: "The Girl Who Gets Locked Out" Short Film. 2007 Los Angeles

Director of Photography: The Red Hot Interview. 2006 Los Angeles

Director Assistant: Tony Kaye's Projects. 2005 Los Angeles


| PRODUCTION |

Producer: Columbian Power. 2009 New York City

Producer: "Perfume" Spec Commerical. 2008 Los Angeles

Production Assistant: Toyota Commercial. 2004 Los Angeles

Production Assistant: Bud Light Commercial. 2004 Los Angeles

Production Assistant: ESPN Commercial. 2004 Los Angeles



| PRODUCTION DESIGN, STYLING, SET DESIGN |

Stylist: Seasick Mama: SEX ON THE CITEE CAMPAIGN. 2010 New York City

Set Dresser: Marriot Hotels Commercial. 2007 Los Angeles

Set Dresser: Kanye West: "Stronger" & "You Can't Tell Me Nothing" Music Video. 2007 Los Angeles

Set Supervisor: Bow Wow & Lil Jon Music Video. 2007 Los Angeles

Set Dresser: UPS Commercial. 2006 Los Angeles

Carpenter: Mountain Dew Commercial. 2006 Los Angeles

Prop Assistant: Coors Light Commercial. 2006 Los Angeles

Art Director: John Butler Trio. 2007 Los Angeles


| CAMERA OPERATION & PHOTOGRAPHY |

Editorial Photographer: Seasick Mama: SEX ON THE CITEE CAMPAIGN. 2010 New York City

Camera Operator: MySpace Artist on Artist w/ SerjTankin & Tim Robbins. 2008 Los Angeles

Camera Operator: MySpace The Fit w/ Fergie & Heidi Montag. 2007 Los Angeles

Camera Coordinator: Exxon Mobile Commerical. 2006 Portland, Oregon

Camera Assistant: BMW Commercial. 2005 Los Angeles

Camera Assistant: Ford Commercial. 2005 Los Angeles


| WRITING & EDITING |

Writer: "Perfume" Spec Commerical. 2008 Los Angeles

Writer: "The End of Him by Her" Short Film. 2008 Los Angeles

Editor: "The Girl Who Gets Locked Out" Short Film. 2007 Los Angeles

Editor: Netflix: "Zach Galifianaskis Live at the Purple Onion" Film. 2004 Los Angeles



| COMPUTER SKILLS | :: Most Mac Programs, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Excel, ProTools, Microsoft Office



No comments: